You may have received our recent email about our delayed reopening. We are very sorry for the delay – and are working diligently to open the newly expanded West Seattle Y facility on Friday, January 6 at 5:30am. Further news will be updated here and on social media.
We’ve got some exciting OPENING WEEKEND events planned for you and your family. Learn more.
We hope you’ll enjoy some RECENT PHOTOS of the progress on the project!
The EXPANSION & RENOVATION is almost complete!
What will be ready on reopening?
- 5,700 square foot Fitness Center with new strength, free weight and cardio equipment
- Stretching Room
- Fitness Studio 1 – refreshed for Group Fitness Classes
- New Fitness Studio 2 for Yoga, Pilates, Abs & Back and other classes
- Fitness Studio 3 with Queenax – the ultimate Functional Training System
- New Fitness Studio 4 – our Cycling Room with expanded capacity
- Kids Gym returns for our 4-9 year olds on Monday – Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
- Three Kids Zone rooms – Kids Corner for infants & toddlers, Adventure Zone for Preschoolers and Tween Zone – all included with your Family Membership
- Men’s & Women’s Locker Rooms with fresh paint on walls and lockers*
- Rotary Community Room with Healthy Eating Kitchen (ongoing classes to start in March)
- New Lobby, Entry and Member gathering spaces
- Northeast Parking Lot with 30 parking spaces
- Sidewalks and additional street parking all around the Y
What’s still left?
Family Changing Rooms are on track for a January 18 opening. Staff Offices and a Conference Room will be complete in January.
*Continued improvements in Men’s & Women’s Locker Rooms to be completed by the end of March.